Saturday, October 27, 2007

Dad Turns My Pumpkin into a Jack-O-Lantern

Today, Dad told me we were going to cut my pumpkin all up!
I had to get a good picture of me and
my first pumpkin before Dad took the knife to it.


Dad cut this big hole in the top and
Mom started scraping out all the pumpkin guts!
And take a look at my baby sister!
She's the same size as my pumpkin!!


After Mom scraped all the guts out,
Dad drew a face on my pumpkin.


Then he cut it all to bits...


After he was done,
Memaw put a candle in my new Jack-O-Lantern!
I liked the way the face glowed,
even though it was a scary face that Dad put on there...


After all that hard work,
it was time to play and play!


Then Memaw gave me a surprise!
She said that everyday starting December 1
I would get a present in this snowman all the way up until Christmas!


But it's only October!
So I showed this snowman who's boss
and practiced a few karate moves...


After Kung-Fu fighting that snowman,
I decided to go for a ride with Dad.


Dad pushed me very fast all over the place!


I love this scooter!!!
I rode and rode all over the place before we went home.


All that riding can make a fellow work up an appetite.
I suggested to Dad that we share his popsicle.
I took a bite....


Then I let him have a bite!


We finished my very busy day by taking my Jack-O-Latern
outside and lighting it up!
Then it was bath night and time for bed.

What a fun day playing and transforming my first pumpkin
into my first Jack-O-Lantern.
Stay tuned for more Halloween fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pumpkin! You guys did a great job. Happy Halloween

Mammaw said...

happy halloween!!!!! dad did great turning your pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern! and we sure did enjoy seeing you playing and playing. and the fun will just continue! love you lots and lots!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your wonderful pumpkin! Cant wait to see you soon!
Aunt e

Anonymous said...

What a spooky jack-o-lantern!! And what a big boy you are riding so fast! Love you and can't wait to see you!!

Anonymous said...

mom is beautiful even when she is covered in pumpkin guts! love you