Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

All the Derby events are in full swing
and it's a very exciting time around here!
On Friday, I got to go downtown and
party at the Fest-A-Ville!


There was a band there and I loved dancing on the great lawn.


I even had one of my favorite bears with me!


I think Baby Sis wanted to dance, too,
but she was stuck to Mom.


After I danced and danced,
I saw a whole bunch of horses!

Dad took me in for a closer look and
told me if I wanted to ride it, I could.

But then I decided that riding that horse
would probably something that I would be better at next year.


After we had very much fun at the Fest-A-Ville,
I thought my night was over, but I was wrong!


We all went to the Balloon Glow to watch all the hot air balloons
get ready to race on Saturday morning!


I sure did enjoy watching those balloons glow with Dad.


And then on the way home,
Dad even got me my very own glowing sword!

Yep, I sure do love Derby time!
And Mom told me that there's more Derby fun ahead!

2 comments:

Aunt Janet B said...

Hey Riley Man!
I am tired just looking at your blog today! You looked like you were having so much fun!

You are blessed to have such wonderful parents to take you to all these things!

Maybe next year Mammaw, Grandad, Uncle D and I can go with you, and you can show us how to "do the Derby festival"!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mammaw said...

luke skywalker, look out! what a very fun day! can't wait to hear all about the horsey! and the band, and the balloons! love you so much and will see you tomorrow!